Special Dressing Recipe
For all who have asked and any who may be interested, here is the recipe for the homemade version of Brockles Special Dressing:
1 pint jar of real Mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
4 Tbsp of drained sweet pickle relish
2 tsp of paprika
1.5 ounces of crumbled Blue Cheese
1 Tbsp of garlic powder (adjust as desired for taste)
- Spoon Mayo into a mixing bowl
- Put the relish in a fine mesh strainer and press with paper towel to eliminate excess liquid.
- Add ingredients, each with a little stirring.
- Hand mix to an even color and texture. A wire whip works well.
- Add another half-tsp of paprika for a little bolder color, if desired.
- Put finished mix back into cleaned mayonnaise jar (or container of your choice).
- Keep refrigerated.
- It always tastes better after a day in the fridge.
We often double or triple the recipe, making two or three jars at a time. Let us hear from you if you make some. :-)